Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The SB165 is the SB6 replacement so it would be against tradition if there wasn't a failed rear triangle or two on debut. Whatever, I'm LOVING the new clean, bare minimum decals finish. More brands should do it.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I find modularity/adaptability very appealing. There should be more if this in frame design.
Once you have adjustability ... do you really use it though ?? or is it just the prospect of having adjustability that is appealing without ever really using because you CBF once you have it ... We've been arguing this for some time internally without any real answer.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yes. Until i find what is feels right. Then I tend to leave it alone. Which means that I have anglesets, offset bushings, braided brake lines, fancy pad compounds etc etc etc.

The exceptions are suspension. I have mrp ramp controls on most of forks and I tend to tweak those depending on what I'm riding.

I also use the cheat switches and lsc dials on my big squishy bikes to climb.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
Once you have adjustability ... do you really use it though ?? or is it just the prospect of having adjustability that is appealing without ever really using because you CBF once you have it ... We've been arguing this for some time internally without any real answer.
Why wouldn't you use it? A trail bike for everyday use and then something to take some bigger hits for the occasional trip to the bike park.
Wouldn't it give a bike a longer potential life if it can be transformed into something that can cater for a wider variety of riders or conditions.

I was thinking more from the point of view of frame manufacture, having one mold or jig for the main triangle of a particular size should cut down on manufacturing costs if all you need to do is churn out a different rear triangle and linkages to make a longer/shorter travel or 27/29 wheel size. Stanton bikes are on this path with their Switchback FS 140/160, the only difference between the two is a modified rear triangle and shock linkage (shock stroke and size are the same). Guerrilla Gravity are doing this too.

But I'm just talking from the hypothetical I'm riding an all mountain hardtail everywhere at the moment after coming off a 2009 Trance last year, but I can see a full suspension bike in my future, I'm just waiting for the hardtail to become too bruising for me to ride. I can only really afford to own one good MTB to ride everywhere (the dirt jumpter doesn't count because it isn't good and has only one purpose), so I find it appealing that some manufacturers are starting make bikes that can be modified to suit a different purpose.

TLDR version:
Yep reckon I would use it, sounds like a good idea.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Because people are inherently lazy. And buy stuff just in case ... but in actuality CBF using it once they set it up ... Usually in the middle setting to be conservative.

Am I out of step? the majority of you have adjustable bikes and features and use the adjustment regularly enough that it makes you think you have 2 bikes? You carry 2 sets of somesuch (wheels, shocks, forks) and regularly swap it out

Genuinely interested as we are looking at something that offers adjustability but I’m sceptical and think it just increases the amount of shizzle we have to carry and will likely be holding in a dusty corner for a long time.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Did I try the different dropout settings on my spitty? Yes! I spent about 4 hrs riding on each.
It was nice having that option.
Am I gonna keep changing? No, I like how it rides in lower setting more. It was nice to have the option at the start, now it’s set though, well, it’s set. Just need the time to ride the bloody thing more.

I do play with my suspenders a fair bit though, depending on what I’m riding. I have a general base setting for all round trail riding, and another for when I wanna session steep dh runs, and another for sessioning dj. flow trails

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The Rune I don't adjust anymore, it's always in slack. The Spitfire on the other hand, is regularly swapped between slack and steep, depending on the riding. I really like the faster steering on more pedally rides like Lysterfield, for example.

I have also gone from 26 to 27.5 on the Rune and love that I can accommodate pretty much any hub standard I need with a dropout change. This is a more important feature to me than geo adjustability. When I have to go boost, for whatever reason, I can do so without a new frame.

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Why do they keep fucking up their bikes just to fit a bottle in. Who needs a bottle when riding a bike like this where its designed to be ridden?
Have you ridden any if the new SB series?

Think you'll find they are far from fucked up.

Maybe not as good looking, but who looks at their bike when they're riding it?

Oh... and everyone needs a bottle cage.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

nexusfish

El Mariachi
When you pay that much you want a bike that looks good too. There was a year they didnt have that little gunt on front of the chainring and they looked awesome!

Thirty people.... go hit tinder and buy a camelbak!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
When you pay that much you want a bike that looks good too. There was a year they didnt have that little gunt on front of the chainring and they looked awesome!

Thirty people.... go hit tinder and buy a camelbak!
I don't care what my bike looks like to be honest, once I enjoy riding and feel like the bike isn't the thing holding me back from that enjoyment.
Paying that much for a bike to "look good' reminds me of the old Japanese golfer..... and I see so many of these types around Sydney.

I pick bikes based on their function.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I for one certainly do use it on my Prime. Will go high or low / long or short depending on where I'm riding and other elements. And it's pretty easy to do on that frame at least.

I always thought RM's Ride9 system was a matter of set and forget once you landed on what worked.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Oh... and everyone needs a bottle cage.
I kinda have to agree with this.

and buy a camelbak!
I always used to ride with one until I started doing shorter rides, dynaplug, Oneup EDC etc meaning I could get away without the dancing monkey on the back, my current bike has no space for a cage so I've resorted to a bumbag...less than ideal but I'm not going back to a hydrapack any day soon, an on-bike bottle cage is the answer.