Samsung fridges. Talk about crap

safreek

Have had a Samsung fridge from new, about 18 months, in that time it has broken down 3 times. This time, as the time and the time before that the fridge part has stopped cooling. Apparently it will take about 2 weeks for them to sort it, after the near week to come and see the fridge. Talk about rubbish products and rubbish service, apparently they need to get sensors from overseas, still no guarantee that will make it work.
Point of this little rant is don't buy any of their shit fridges, repair guy says this is a common problem for him and the fridges this happens to rarely ever function properly over a period of time.
Haakon bitching over ;)(for now)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Does it come with a built in phone ? Lol!

I've heard the phone & TV warranties can be just as bad but saying that I've had a S4 for years without any faults.

Friends of mine bought a fridge years ago and the door started to rust through the paint in a few months and the magnetic seal was weak. They asked for warranty and they only warranted the door seal so they went to small claims court, small claims awarded them a new door but under the warranty it had to be fitted by professionals and paid by the buyer. In the end, the labour they charged for fitment of the door was the same price that a new door would have cost them without being installed.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
When we bought our fridge 2 years ago, we avoided Samsung due to the whole mess with the washing machines catching fire and repair process.
Now have LG fridge, washing machine, and TV. We highly rate the brand, but haven't had to claim warranty as yet.....

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, given the experience you have been through I would heading down the road of money back mate. Consumer law would be very firmly on your side. A number of large manufacturers have been dragged through the courts recently by the ACCC, including samsungs bigest competitor. I doubt they want the same at the moment.

On the other subject of the thread, my puppy has decided to take a liking to its own! arrrggg.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...nearly at the one page mark, can't you two keep your panties from getting knotted?

@safreek how big is the freezer capacity on your fridge? Will it fit 9 litres?

D

Deleted member FN2187

I am a fridgie(refrigeration/air conditioning mechanic) and can whole hearty advise avoiding Korean whitegoods like the plague. It's not just reliability issues, the biggest problem is after sales support and parts availability. I've seen several LG and Samsung split systems delivered with critical faults and no warranty support.

On another note, If you have 3 or more warranty claims on an item you are entitled to a full refund under Australian consumer Law.

safreek

Fucken same problem again, obviously warranties run out. Luck for me that I only committed to the one fork, new fridge time. Pretty disappointed.
FUCK YOU SAMSUNG. Still going to phone them and see if they will do the right thing

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I am a fridgie(refrigeration/air conditioning mechanic) and can whole hearty advise avoiding Korean whitegoods like the plague. It's not just reliability issues, the biggest problem is after sales support and parts availability. I've seen several LG and Samsung split systems delivered with critical faults and no warranty support.

On another note, If you have 3 or more warranty claims on an item you are entitled to a full refund under Australian consumer Law.
THIS...as a fridgie also, I can agree with this statement
get a F&P or a Westinghouse,
stay the fcuk away from anything from Lucky Goldstar, rubbish products and even worse warranty

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I know Samsung fridge owners. I said to one, years ago "would you buy a mobile phone from Westinghouse?"

Haakon

Keeps on digging
When i got a new fridge a few years ago all the research said avoid Samsung. The Westinghouse I got was certainly a bit more expensive (not horribly though), but it done it’s big cold box thing without me ever having to think about it.