WTB Hardtail MTB for daughter

scblack

Leucocholic
I am looking to get a MTB for my daughter. She is 13years old. 165cm tall.

Budget about $500 depending.
26" or 27.5".
Condition is more important than age of bike.
Size Medium or Small will do depending on bike.
Used for general riding, looking for reliable gear.

Anyone got something around? Show me what you've got.

Or any new bikes that may do?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You could get your hands on a new Polygon from Bicycles Online for under $500 mate, close to home for a quick delivery too.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Bicycles online or Commencal for something new. There's a whole Facebook page devoted to kids bikes but I can't seem to find it at the moment. There's also the darkside of the BMX buy/sell pages.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For that budget I’d be looking at an older premium bike. $500 bikes won’t have good forks or wheels. I’m also looking for one for my son, probably a bit taller, but def outgrown his small framed 26” ride.

moorey

call me Mia
For that budget I’d be looking at an older premium bike. $500 bikes won’t have good forks or wheels. I’m also looking for one for my son, probably a bit taller, but def outgrown his small framed 26” ride.
My thought.
A sub 10kg 26 can be built up for that money if you’re patient.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My thought.
A sub 10kg 26 can be built up for that money if you’re patient.
I'm waiting on a frame to pop up in his size locally. I have lots of half decent goodies to throw at it to make it reasonably light. The dually they were on was 10.8kg.

scblack

Leucocholic
My preference is a used good bike. Can have good parts and be fairly light.

Cheap new one will be worse components and heavier.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Wait until this weekend when I finish off prepping this Giant duallie. I am looking for $700 for it, it's a nice bike.

For a Giant.