cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Item: 26" 160mm Suspension Fork
Price range/Willing to Pay: Cheap and cheerful
Extra Info: 20mm axle, non-boost spacing, tapered steerer

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Don't you already have one of these?
Didn't end up finding one last time, ended up replacing the cartridge on a different set but now it's time to get the green Slash running again so I can move it on.
Pity you can’t do 15mm. I’ll be swapping out some 26” 160 pikes soon.
I'll take a look at the wheel tonight and see if I can source some end caps, will keep you posted.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
What hubs?
The wheels are SunRingle A.D.D Comps, could be Jumping Flea hubs or something slightly more generic. I've got another Bontrager front wheel that I could substitute in which is 15mm so should be able to make the Pikes work, what year model and how much are you asking good sir?
Ive got a 1.5 steerer set of marzocchi bombers lying around?
Tapered fame, thanks anyway Clockworked.

moorey

call me Mia
AABBFB82-4A57-4517-948C-683085F56251.png
7FF86BC2-D001-4135-BD84-480DC165C7DE.jpeg
DC22C065-DBC9-4098-8566-4140BE301DFA.png
AAC9D54B-C99C-44FC-8CAF-69EEBF418199.png
I believe the jumping flea are convertible, depending on whether OEM. @kbekus and I had this issue, where mine are convertible, but his not..from memory.
They are 160mm RC. Been running them on my spitty for about 12 months, but just swapped to Mattocs. Had a factory service about 6 months ago (I think damper was replaced) and done about 30 hours riding since then.
175mm steerer, cable rub on crown, stealth decals, pin prick sized mark on one stanchion I didn’t know was even there till I examined closely. Can do lower leg service before selling.
Will do posted for $350.

2 things.

1. Why not go 27.5? Sweet FA difference. All my 26” bikes run 27.5 forks. More chance you’ll use the fork for a later Kool aide bike.
2. The 1.5” forks above will run with a top headset change.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
This project is for an old 26" Trek Slash that I'm looking to get rolling again and sell, it was my son's and he has long since grown out of it, the forks that were on it have some pretty heavy scoring on the stanchions and I doubt that they would be able to be repaired for less than a functional second hand set would be worth.

The hub looks easily convertible but it would depend if the end caps are available, as far as i know the comps were only ever OEM so if you've been through this already I may be out of luck.

Regarding the 27.5" it probably doesn't matter either way as the intention is to install to get the bike whole again and then place it up for sale, being a small frame there a quite a few local kids who would be suitable to a nice cheap 26" build. I didn't think that a 1.5" steerer would fit through the headtube, will have to confirm that.

clockworked

Like an orange
Sure thing. I bought them off @binner a while ago. They have a medium spring and i just couldn't be bothered tracking down a heavy spring.

I'm a little vague on the details. I'll go see what's written on them. They've only been used a handful of times while I've owned them either way

moorey

call me Mia
Just thinking back, @kbekus had the issue that his were 15mm (wanting to go to 20), and the bearings wouldn’t allow 20mm axle. As you have 20 already, 15mm won’t cause same issue.

moorey

call me Mia
6B49E02A-BADE-4CC3-AECA-3F9C907E9DB0.png
Righto, if you’re in a TLDR mood, leave now....
These look like the 20’s you have and the 15’s they convert to...