Aldi bike stuff

stirk

Burner
I grabbed the last pair of shorts tonight in size medium, only one XL pair left, they went quite fast, I like the new material and pockets. Plenty of arm and leg warmers left, who puts that shit on anyway!

Also bought the 'valet' stand, also last one.

Low stock or popular items, not sure. Lots of lights and locks still available like no one bought them.

my aldi light is welly bright, I like it

I like the way it wobbles around on the bars, bombing the last hill home in the dark at 60km/h, it makes you feel like you are about to jump to hyperspace

I like the way it wobbles around on the bars, bombing the last hill home in the dark at 60km/h, it makes you feel like you are about to jump to hyperspace
Seriously, I tested mine out last night and this is exactly how I felt! Because it's so bright and a spot everything outside the spot kinda just blurs out as you're hammering it down a hill.

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
I bought a set of the lights today and they are heaps bright enough for commuting and probably ok for MTB trails at the speed I go.
Only problem was the the handle bar mount saddle for the light was at 90 Deg to where it should be so I had great side vision.
Couldn't see how it could be twisted so will check others tomorrow if any left and swap it over.
might get a second set also especially at that price.
You can just twist it and spin it around the right way.

The sunglasses are good, but a little smaller than the last lot. Changing the lenses looks easier though as I snapped the yellow ones real quick on the one piece frames.

OTH Dave

Likes Bikes
You can just twist it and spin it around the right way.

The sunglasses are good, but a little smaller than the last lot. Changing the lenses looks easier though as I snapped the yellow ones real quick on the one piece frames.
Thanks, yes I tried that but it was very stubborn and I didn't want to break it. Aldi swapped it over the next day for one that wasn't stuck so all good.

I have been too busy lately to try out the lights and pretty much do anything around the house like mow the lawn etc. Actually lawn is so long I haven't seen the dog in 3 days, I'm sure she is there somewhere.
So tonight I gave the lights a good test out. Strapped on the helmet mount, jumped on the ride on mower and got that job out of the way. Light levels seemed pretty decent at that speed.
Daylight will be the true test if they were any good :)

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A huge shout out to Mrlinderman, who, despite not knowing me from a bar of soap, got me a pair of shorts from his local Aldi and posted them to me. Such random acts of kindness can really lift your spirits.

As for the shorts, the hype is real. $29 defies all logic. If you put a Fox/TLD/RaceFace logo on them you could sell them for $129 and no one would feel ripped off.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That'll learn me - I went to the Queenbean Aldi on Sunday, assuming the bogans there would'nt buy out bike stuff. Everything except the trainers gone already...

I got the bike shorts the last time they had them. They're very good, but also quite warm I find - they'll be great come winter, but an old pair of thinner Fox shorts are better for now.

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
A huge shout out to Mrlinderman, who, despite not knowing me from a bar of soap, got me a pair of shorts from his local Aldi and posted them to me. Such random acts of kindness can really lift your spirits.

As for the shorts, the hype is real. $29 defies all logic. If you put a Fox/TLD/RaceFace logo on them you could sell them for $129 and no one would feel ripped off.
easy as mate. happy to help

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Anyone rate the light set for 30 bucks? Looking for a cheap set for commuting purposes.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i bought there last light [original price 39.99] i really like it, i got a few on markdown for 23.99, for the valu you can't beat it -i have about 4 now, dbl suty 1 for helmet & 1 for bike..fine for xc use

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Cheers Dan - sounds like it's worthwhile, considering how much you could spend on lights. I've bought various Aldi non-bike things over the years, and it always seems like reasonable quality for the price. Not tempted by their booze though... some things remain sacred.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Some updates have been down grades, the last lot are my favourite if they improve on that they can take my money as they have been better than short 3 times the price.
+1, I used the first gen shorts for city commuting and overall they were good except for getting a bit sand papery around the edges. The current gen ones are a leap ahead.