The pet thread, post em up!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Admittedly, Zoe was old and deaf, and farted constantly, but then so is the MIL.

Great fun trying to explain to the squids why she's gone, considering she's been there since before they were born, and haven't ever known a time without her.

I still can't fathom how someone could do that to someone else's pet.
Yes, very cruel act indeed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Admittedly, Zoe was old and deaf, and farted constantly, but then so is the MIL.

Great fun trying to explain to the squids why she's gone, considering she's been there since before they were born, and haven't ever known a time without her.

I still can't fathom how someone could do that to someone else's pet.
It is a shit act. Sure sometimes we need to actively make a decision to let a pet go and keeping them around because it is emotionally comfortable isn't right, but...that is hardly something that should be arranged without a very long conversation. Animal euthenasia is (in the right circumstances) the right choice to make, a shame that we can't make that choice for humans. The kids must be shattered!

Time to be positive and make the new dog rad. Train it to play with balls of knitting wool, old lady undies, and other precious items.

stirk

Burner
My dog was murdered by the bitch mother in law, at the say so of the bitch wife, while we were out of the country. A month without a buddy was to much so picked up a new mate last night.

Yoda

Near impossible to get the little bastard to sit still for a picture.
Wow, that's terrible to have your best mate dispatched while away. If you ever need to put an animal down for any reason that's for you to decide and I believe important that you are part of the process.

This might sound strange but one of the enduring memories I have of my last dog was seeing him go to sleep for the last time, brings a tear to my eye thinking about it, but then the fond memories of good times come flooding back.

Do what poodle said and teach yoda to crap in the MIL shoes!

slowmick

38-39"
A better time.
Looks like a hand full. raise a glass to happy memories.

Always jealous of dogs who can be off lead. My sister had a Westie. there was no chance Maggie was ever getting off the leash at the park - you'd have needed hours and bucket load of treats to catch her again. everything was a game.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sam looks happy there.

Losing a dog is sometimes harder than losing a human family member.
Its a good way for kids to learn about loss. When I lost my first dog I think I cried every night for a couple of weeks and then occasionally for the next year. We were driving on our way to a holiday and he jumped out the back of our boat on the highway (he was tied up but could undo ropes the sneaking mongrel). In my adult reflection I just realised how bad it might of been for him. We didn't realise until we stopped for food. We searched for him and I can't even remember if we found him or not. That was some fucking trauma.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Its a good way for kids to learn about loss. When I lost my first dog I think I cried every night for a couple of weeks and then occasionally for the next year. We were driving on our way to a holiday and he jumped out the back of our boat on the highway (he was tied up but could undo ropes the sneaking mongrel). In my adult reflection I just realised how bad it might of been for him. We didn't realise until we stopped for food. We searched for him and I can't even remember if we found him or not. That was some fucking trauma.
Man that's terrible.... :(

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a lighter note anyone done this with their dogs? My dog loves to hunt the red dot but it always alludes him.

tumblr_nw2zrhl7IW1qblb6po1_500.jpg

Not my dog.

stirk

Burner
I have a few nicknames for figtree.

After she's eaten shit I call her shithead.

IMG_20150930_210923.jpg

When she's just being a normal dog I call her Doge.

IMG_20151019_195530.jpg

When she goes nuts she's get a look in her eye and gets called feral chops.

IMG_20151019_194956.jpg

And when she is cute and sleepy she's called figalicious.

IMG_20151019_195033.jpg

Warwick

Likes Dirt
My 14 year old Brunette, Lily, and 6 year old recent Blonde adoptee Poppy. The blonde was adopted from the Lost Dogs home to replace Lily's recently departed 14 year old Blind diabetic sister Molly. After 8 years married to a difficult woman who wouldnt cop the dogs inside, I am now single and loving having the fluffies sleep on my bed again.

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My 14 year old Brunette, Lily, and 6 year old recent Blonde adoptee Poppy. The blonde was adopted from the Lost Dogs home to replace Lily's recently departed 14 year old Blind diabetic sister Molly. After 8 years married to a difficult woman who wouldnt cop the dogs inside, I am now single and loving having the fluffies sleep on my bed again.
Good trade!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
New boy to keep Yoda company while we're at work

Pickles 5 month old Border Collie

Hope he gets smarter, collies are meant to be smart, but at the moment, he's as dumb as a Reclaim Australia rally...