Off-Topic Means Non-MTB, Not Crap

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If he's talking that 'holocaust never happened' line that I've heard about, good on him. I don't get offended by people with disabilities as a rule :p

scblack

Leucocholic
I agree with pasta, bermshot's post has no place here and I'm thinking neither does he now. I don't have to be Jewish to find that kind of stupid conspiracy shit offensive.

:ban:
I am with pasta and stirk. His conspiracy lunacy is beyond belief. He has posted some of the most offensive and irrelevant material I know of anyone including outside Rotorburn. Whenever his meds have run out and he posts in the dark hours of the night you can be certain of offensive shit.

I do feel that if someone is unhinged enough to be constantly posting holocaust denial material (and this has happened MANY times now), the Mods really should be coming back, to tell us why he is NOT banned.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If thats what he's on about, i honestly dont find it offensive. realistically, the worst i feel is just sorry for him. i mean how could a person be misguided enough to think that something as big and well documented with as much proof and as many living witnesses as it has, could possibly not have happened? :eek:hwell:

My grandad lost most of his family to this, he spent some time in a concentration camp and after being rescued, he spent the rest of the war helping organize resistance and rescuing others. but even without his first hand experience and stories told to me as a kid, there's still so much other evidence and accounts of the situation that its really impossible to deny unless you've got a very real problem IMO. nope, i'm not offended in the least by this sort of thing, its a little funny and a lot sad, but thats as far as it goes.

having said that, i think old bermie really spends a bit too much time with unfiltered interwebs. he might benefit from a little time with netnanny or a broken computer :smash:

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well my family had similar experiences and I do find these posts repugnant. I get where you're coming from Plank, and I kinda feel the same way. But then I think, if someone posted suggestions that slavery never occurred in the USA or that the English didn't steal Aboriginal lands they'd probably get a big internet slap, and rightly so.

These posts should be removed and the poster given at least a stern warning (a ban seems too much if he hasn't had a warning), if only to apply a little consistency (not to mention a little respect for the extreme human suffering being trivialised).

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Well my family had similar experiences and I do find these posts repugnant. I get where you're coming from Plank, and I kinda feel the same way. But then I think, if someone posted suggestions that slavery never occurred in the USA or that the English didn't steal Aboriginal lands they'd probably get a big internet slap, and rightly so.

These posts should be removed and the poster given at least a stern warning (a ban seems too much if he hasn't had a warning), if only to apply a little consistency (not to mention a little respect for the extreme human suffering being trivialised).
fair call, each to their own, and i'm probably a little harder to offend than most so maybe thats part of it. if someone was to say that what happened was a GOOD thing however, that any kind of genocide is ok in any way, then i think i might find something to be properly offended by. luckily the modern era sees less and less of this kind of attitude, or at least it does in my sheltered life anyways.

i maintain that i mostly just feel sad for him though, he clearly doesn't see the world in anywhere near the same light as most. interwebs are almost definitely not helping him either...

redbruce

Eats Squid
I am with pasta and stirk. His conspiracy lunacy is beyond belief. He has posted some of the most offensive and irrelevant material I know of anyone including outside Rotorburn. Whenever his meds have run out and he posts in the dark hours of the night you can be certain of offensive shit.

I do feel that if someone is unhinged enough to be constantly posting holocaust denial material (and this has happened MANY times now), the Mods really should be coming back, to tell us why he is NOT banned.
Yep. Agree.

Irrespective of knee jerks about political correctness, loss of freedom of speech, or other crap, his posts are just pointless, pointless shit.

There is no value in it.

SC, you may have a valid theory as to root cause of behaviour there.

i maintain that i mostly just feel sad for him though, he clearly doesn't see the world in anywhere near the same light as most. interwebs are almost definitely not helping him either...
Also true, one wonders if there are not more fundamental issues at hand. Hopefully someone is looking over him.

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned
You are denying your science and basic maths.

The particularity that some perceive as insane, can quite easily be put forward as honesty, Lo! I miss again due to the programming we went through growing up.

Yes it physically hurts to realise, but i'm not the only one whom has burdened it. Don't fear, knowledge is at your fingertips. Don't call me shit until you have looked.

Last edited:
12mths after the fact & holy-fucking-shit am I glad I missed this piece of first-class douchery. Noticed Bermshot was the last to post here & thought, "Uh-oh, this is going to be weird". Please tell me Bermshot's been bounced the hell outta here.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
12mths after the fact & holy-fucking-shit am I glad I missed this piece of first-class douchery. Noticed Bermshot was the last to post here & thought, "Uh-oh, this is going to be weird". Please tell me Bermshot's been bounced the hell outta here.
Like a ping pong ball off the Eureka tower...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yeah, I punted him. He was rambling about the Holocaust and saying some stuff that didn't fit in the forums. He wouldn't back down so yeah nah.