Obscore/Rare/Dream DH Bikes ?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
From Czechoslovakia we have Krutor!

20 inch carbon DH rig?

"An original aluminium ash-tray for both passionate and occasional smokers who like our Punk Series style. Although sportsmen shouldn't smoke, a cig for pleasure after you have first landed an dreadful jump certainly won't do any harm to you. And if the price for the ash-tray seems to be too high for you, you can stop smoking one box a day for two weeks and you have it".

bellsy

Likes Dirt
$35k (that's US$) gets you a 7" rear travel electric bike with 160mm Fox forks and Brembo brakes that weighs 33kg.

But, it's built for XC. :confused:

http://www.m55-bike.com/en/m55-bike-models/the-beast
I really wish people would stop trying to cross the gap between moto-x, electric bikes and mountain bikes. Its just an expensive waste of time. If you want to get fit and have some outdoors fun, get a mountain bike, if you dont wanna pedal, get a moto-x bike, and if you want something easy to commute to work on get an electrically assisted bike. Just wish they'd stop wasting so much money developing something that will never take off, and maybe pour the cash into something profitible and purposefull
/rant

fairy1

Banned
Ha ha that oral light is great, if they could make it a Bluetooth headset as well you could be a twat while going down on one.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Hmm... WTF !!

Holly centrifuse bobbin.

Ok its only an orange 223/224 but its a beast and i mean that in a good way.
I think this frame is owned by a guy I know in NSWs.

2011 Devinci-
Way to use a split pivot for little reason.

I really wish people would stop trying to cross the gap between moto-x, electric bikes and mountain bikes. Its just an expensive waste of time. If you want to get fit and have some outdoors fun, get a mountain bike, if you dont wanna pedal, get a moto-x bike, and if you want something easy to commute to work on get an electrically assisted bike. Just wish they'd stop wasting so much money developing something that will never take off, and maybe pour the cash into something profitible and purposefull
/rant
Electric bikes are cool(not as MTBs, or motos), but will pose a problem for MTB tracks in the not to distant future.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Haro DHR (made by intense) he won the world cup i think maybe it was world champs on one a black one with dorado's on looks amazing, i prefer it to the m1 big call but its my opinion, chainstays always snapped typical of intense.
Minnaar's honda dual bike

Attachments

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Kastle italian yes it looks like the ancholloti but i prefer this and its 8 or 9 years old, oh and a older one which is not so nice
That built up one is really very very nice!

I must say I'm getting really tired of some of the designs in the DH market place over the last few years. There's really only 4 designs in the market place these days (VPP, Linkage driven Single Pivot, FSR and 4 Bar Link) and most of the major brands are just bringing out the same things as each other with a few different Geo's. In business, keeping up with your major competitors is all you really need to do if you have a good marketing campain, but there's really no one these days who's coming out with game changing stuff like there was in the late 90's and early 00's.
In my opinion, all of the progress in the last 10 years in terms of race speed has come down to purely shock absorber technology and frame geometry evolution. Not frame design.
Also, why do 90% of the bikes on the market have a rear axle path that moves forward when blowing through travel. Can you imagine how well a set of suspension forks would work with a negative rake? Same thing!

I guess what I'm saying is that I cant think of many brands these days that are currently bringing some unique designs that are still nice and simple which disappoints me a little.

If you guys know of some, post them up!! :)

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's plenty of rearward axle path bikes out there.. but there are pros and cons of axle paths (whether forward or rearward).
Each designer to there own opinions on this one.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
That built up one is really very very nice!

I must say I'm getting really tired of some of the designs in the DH market place over the last few years. There's really only 4 designs in the market place these days (VPP, Linkage driven Single Pivot, FSR and 4 Bar Link) and most of the major brands are just bringing out the same things as each other with a few different Geo's. In business, keeping up with your major competitors is all you really need to do if you have a good marketing campain, but there's really no one these days who's coming out with game changing stuff like there was in the late 90's and early 00's.
In my opinion, all of the progress in the last 10 years in terms of race speed has come down to purely shock absorber technology and frame geometry evolution. Not frame design.
Also, why do 90% of the bikes on the market have a rear axle path that moves forward when blowing through travel. Can you imagine how well a set of suspension forks would work with a negative rake? Same thing!

I guess what I'm saying is that I cant think of many brands these days that are currently bringing some unique designs that are still nice and simple which disappoints me a little.

If you guys know of some, post them up!! :)
I dunno, I quite like the reduction in wankery of late as they go with what works. Now we can all focus on getting the frame materials just so and the gearbox up and running.