Obscore/Rare/Dream DH Bikes ?

rone

Eats Squid
Mountain Cycle San Andreas. They sounded like a filing cabinet falling down a flight of stairs but they were so cool.

Attachments

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
im preety sure that off the brakes sell them,http://offthebrakes.com.au/
They are in production, I have ridden one, they're sweet. The Aussie distro is Nerf Herder on here. PM him for more info.
You are correct the antidote’s are in production. Nerf Herder and the Boys at Off The Brakes are the guys selling these I hear they have a couple in stock.
Their website will give you everything you need to know. www.offthebrakes.com.au
Thanks for the plugs fellas.

We (OTB) are bringing in Antidote and currently working on some reviews and general demos.

I have one built up and have been testing over the last few months. Happy to organise a demo ride for anybody in and around the Sydney area ... drop me a PM

These are currently all being hand made to order, although Antidote are steadily building up an inventory.

Well worth throwing a leg over.

bellsy

Likes Dirt
For me a Schwinn Straight 8

I ended up with a 4Banger instead which was an amazing bike (wish I had kept it)
Thank you sir!! I have all of the Straight 8 variants now, and all are NOS frames, plus I have a 97 Straight 6, a 98 4banger and a Rotec RL9 :) Loooove my Lawwils!!
Still on the lookout for a 1996 Yeti DH4, 2004 Yeti DH9 and a 1991 Gary Fisher RS1, and a 1992 Gary Fisher Alembic (carbon version of the RS1, only ever 5 made) to complete the set. :)

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thank you sir!! I have all of the Straight 8 variants now, and all are NOS frames, plus I have a 97 Straight 6, a 98 4banger and a Rotec RL9 :) Loooove my Lawwils!!
Still on the lookout for a 1996 Yeti DH4, 2004 Yeti DH9 and a 1991 Gary Fisher RS1, and a 1992 Gary Fisher Alembic (carbon version of the RS1, only ever 5 made) to complete the set. :)
Quite the collector :D

Ivan

Eats Squid
Awesome thread.

The foes LTS and the GT Boomerang LTS are definite faves.

Last edited:

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like Monster energy racing team 2011 specialized demo 8 and the Intense 951
Lord almighty that Specialized is fucking ugly.
I first had love for Ironhorse, so I bought one, then it turned to Commencal, so I bought one, and I still love the commencal, there is nothing it can't do, if they keep making them this good and don't make a huuuuuge change, I think i'll keep buying them. Also in love with the Santa Cruz Nomad, greatest bike for anything.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Anyone got a pic of the dual chain cannondale VPP?
Love the Lawhills too, would like to see a stable pic of your collection Bellsy.
Also dig that earleir Lapiere, and that high pivot Sunn is way cool.
Scott had lots of cutting edge designs, them and GT were right at the front IMO.
I'd also love a mint Balfa BB7, wish I'd kept one of the few I'd owned, would love one with new side plates to slacken and drop it a touch, such a great bike, 135mm rear for my bolt up dishless 6 speed also. Still keeping that wheel in hope to put it back in a BB7 some day.
That Foes Weasel was and still is such a rad no bullshit straight to the point design, love it.
No LOBO love yet.

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
Anyone got a pic of the dual chain cannondale VPP?
Love the Lawhills too, would like to see a stable pic of your collection Bellsy.
Also dig that earleir Lapiere, and that high pivot Sunn is way cool.
Scott had lots of cutting edge designs, them and GT were right at the front IMO.
I'd also love a mint Balfa BB7, wish I'd kept one of the few I'd owned, would love one with new side plates to slacken and drop it a touch, such a great bike, 135mm rear for my bolt up dishless 6 speed also. Still keeping that wheel in hope to put it back in a BB7 some day.
That Foes Weasel was and still is such a rad no bullshit straight to the point design, love it.
No LOBO love yet.
I didnt wanna be the only one to go through all the bikes I loved from getting into DH in the mid 90's wow that makes me sound old but im not even 30 yet. Yes its there again the Trek i love it and want one anyone ?
Warners atx was amazing too this was an early one dunno whats going n around the seatpost/toptube area, also giants attempt of vvp before it took off quite rare.

Attachments

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
ahhh, pics of the earlier Lawhill Tomac please. Oh and the early Chumba, and Cortina please.

heavyp

You heard it here first
X-lites bike was crazy, you can see it ridden in sprung video magazine 1.
Gt's crazy moto inspired bike was just silly kinda cool thou.
Pace another master piece of british engineering, such a step ahead of things when it came out and lightish.
Cortina frame amazing and still think it would have a place in todays market. (Rebirth maybe ?)
The vprocess nv00 what a bike i know its a small pic but look at it, amazing probably still ahead of what people today are doing, pretty sure he should start making them, single pivot with linkage and idler pully 11 years ago! Nice!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
Id love to see a pic of michael ronning's gary fisher dh bike, i remember it looking sick on eurosport back in the day