The icon of SEQ downhilling closed

kenny b

Likes Bikes
The "dump run" has now been gated padlocked and signed no bikes allowed both top and bottom of the trail. Shed a tear and charge your glasses as we loose yet another free trail in the great southeast.

RIP Tambo

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that's really crap seeing as I hadn't gotten to ride there yet :( And they wonder why people ride and make illegal trails...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Jeeze, SE QLD is quickly becoming a very bike unfriendly place to be. Sorry to hear about this, that track looked fun.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
The "dump run" has now been gated padlocked and signed no bikes allowed both top and bottom of the trail. Shed a tear and charge your glasses as we loose yet another free trail in the great southeast.

RIP Tambo
Without knowing the situation, sounds like you've given up already???

What is your plan of action to get it reopened?

Is it worth reopening?

Why did they close it?

Who manages the land?

How many people rode it?

How can you get as many riders together as possible as a united voice to get it reopened?

If you can answer all these questions it will go a long way to helping turn things around.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Without knowing the situation, sounds like you've given up already???

What is your plan of action to get it reopened?

Is it worth reopening?

Why did they close it?

Who manages the land?

How many people rode it?

How can you get as many riders together as possible as a united voice to get it reopened?

If you can answer all these questions it will go a long way to helping turn things around.
I've never ridden the track myself, but based on talk around the forums, it'll be a permanent close.

The locals have apparently made complaints about a select group of riders walking/riding through areas of re-vegetation at the bottom of the trail, as well as raising issue with the amount of shuttle traffic in the area.

Though apparently the final straw was a recent event where some defecated near the trail head and didn't have the common decency to bury or cover it.

So for those reasons (and probably others), I'd say it's unlikely the track will reopen, regardless of any action from the downhill community.

Not sure about who owns the land though.

Downhill_Only

Likes Dirt

RIP Tambo
WHAT IS QLD BECOMING???

RIP Tambo

Steve the dog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OMFG... I just asked my parents last night if they could drive me there on sunday.. AND THEY SAID YES! I havn't been there before either :(

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Time and time again it seems that the track itself is not so much the issue as the behaviour of the users. So sad.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Add it to the list.

However we do get Mt Joyce fairly soon. Pretty excited!

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Such a shame even more trails are being closed.... and this was one of the best.

That said it is this small minority that seem to be wrecking it for everyone.... yet it more than likely will be them first complaining that there is no where to ride anymore. Not sure what is happening with the mountain biking culture, but sure needs a wake up call. Hopefully this might be it... in SE QLD that is.

harveyp

Likes Dirt
Such a shame even more trails are being closed.... and this was one of the best.

That said it is this small minority that seem to be wrecking it for everyone.... yet it more than likely will be them first complaining that there is no where to ride anymore. Not sure what is happening with the mountain biking culture, but sure needs a wake up call. Hopefully this might be it... in SE QLD that is.

'That said it is this small minority that seem to be wrecking it for everyone' Very well said indeed - take note boof heads, you are the problem!!:(

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
we really need to take self policing more seriously or to another level.

Name and shame people is what comes to mind ... but not everybody is on here so not sure how effective that would be.

Makes me angry when a few unthinking soft cocks stuff it for all.

What will likely happen here is that a few soft cocks will continue to ride the track even if its closed and right stuff it for all future efforts.

iridedh

Likes Dirt

RIP Tambo
Thats shit!!!! i stopped riding motocross because since the mini bike, metal mulisha and the new generation of boogans!!!! everyone look at us as criminals for practicing a sport!!!!
than i started 4 months ago, to ride dh, my favorite track was tambo! now boogans come and make us loose it!!!!
i think the city should open the track again, as its only few of us doing stupid stuff, but than again, if someone start to drive cars like idiots, should we close the highways, or find away with whoever, police or something, to identify the boogans!!!

dont make us all loose because of one or 2 idiots!!!

my 2 cents

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Locals will ring Police

Unfriendly locals that live on that road can easily ring Police the moment they see shuttle vehicles with bikes. Some locals are pissed off with us big time. There are council workers at the dump and many locals going to and from the dump. You can be trapped top and bottom.

iridedh

Likes Dirt
Unfriendly locals that live on that road can easily ring Police the moment they see shuttle vehicles with bikes. Some locals are pissed off with us big time. There are council workers at the dump and many locals going to and from the dump. You can be trapped top and bottom.
sorry for my ignorance and lack of experience in being a outlaw, but what can the police do to you? fine? warning? take the bike? is that a private property?
cheers

Deadman

Likes Dirt
sorry for my ignorance and lack of experience in being a outlaw, but what can the police do to you? fine? warning? take the bike? is that a private property?
cheers
The track was illegal in the first place on some kind of government land and now the land is under control of the EPA - it's now a Conservation Park. You are right, the police can't do too much apart from advising you that the track is closed and ask "what are you doing there?" However, Rangers can fine and/or confiscate bikes. They could get Police help as you would be breaking laws. I'd expect a warning at first and then next time they would get nasty. Like I said - the locals are against us, anyone can dob us in.
It's not a place where you can keep a low profile.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've heard that there are two tracks out at Mt Tamborine, obviously Dump run was the better one but what is the other track like? Or is the closed/ doesn't exist and I'm ignorant?