Even stupider than 24" Wheels.

• Thread starter Deleted member 18757
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18757

http://www.khe-mtb.com/ said:
World premiere: 25" MTB
There is a new Street bike coming out from PurePower with “25” Wheels”!
It is a mix between a 26” and a 24” Street bike. Take a look.
The new 25” bike is featured with the KHE Geisha MTB Freecoaster hub.
I really don't like this idea, 1" wouldn't really make that much difference would it?

Attachments

S!C!E!R!

Banned
Don't judge it till you've tried it, it could be good, you never know. And 24" is awesome.
Ah I think we all beg to differ...

Is it worth the money for 1" smaller?

You wouldn't have many choices for rims, tyres and tubes...

Because it is most likely only a prototype teh geo. wouldn't be all that perfect...

24" is only "awesome" if you can ride... ;)

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have never ridden 24", so my opinions are certainly non-informed.

but I am guessing that 24" came about because people thought that 26" was too big for some stuff, and maybe there is a subset that thinks that 24" is too small, hence the 25". Could be a revolution, with all street and DJ bikes going to 25", XC/Enduro going to 29" and only DH/Freeride remaining on 26"..

S!C!E!R!

Banned
I have never ridden 24", so my opinions are certainly non-informed.

but I am guessing that 24" came about because people thought that 26" was too big for some stuff, and maybe there is a subset that thinks that 24" is too small, hence the 25". Could be a revolution, with all street and DJ bikes going to 25", XC/Enduro going to 29" and only DH/Freeride remaining on 26"..

I will kill myself if that revoloution takes place...

patto_15

Wheel size expert
The concept from KHE has been around for a while now..

IMO, i am behind it, it is a great concept especially to the dj/park/street side of the sport..

Especially when one of my friends has a 25/26" specific Ti frame that is mega awesome... The 26" fits really snug but too snug even as the chain stays are soo short that the tread of the tire rubs on the supports in the rear and if you buckle the rim, it hits the sides easily... 24" on it just seems wrong and doesnt feel right, cant run the chain stay lengths as short as you want either.. 25" is perfect i think for that style frame also..

I think it will be a big hit towards those who run BlkMrkt bikes also, as they are not suited to 24" wheels what so ever and are really only designed for 26".. The 25" may be quite popular for those type of frames for people that want a slightly shorter wheel base and a more manoverable bike...

Anyways, we'll see how it all pans out.. I know my friend will be getting them as soon as he's able to, so i'll be able to give them a good test out when he does ;)

parker93

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon its a good idea, only if it had lots of variety.
'suppose it has its perks (don't no what they are though?)
AND I wouldn't mind trying a set :) Nice for a change.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
even stupider than 24"? mate your stupid 24's are mad and im excited to see how the 25" would ride and if the trend catches on.
cheers

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What makes it so awesome? :confused: :rolleyes:
they are a great all round bike that is a great change from 26". i like it better because i feel a 24" is alot more real to ride, alot more flickable on and manuals a great deal better. they are great for street and dj and anything really. its great because its a bmx but a mountainbike at the same time thats why i think the 25 would be ok aswell. might be a little pointless but people thought that 24's were pointless at the start and now look. thats my opinion anyway..

Last edited:
For Fucks Sake! 20' is the way to go if you want to ride street/park. 26 is for racing. 24" is for old guys/big fellas who want to race bmx. 25 is just farkin stoopid just like 29 there is no need, they are just trying to market a new fad.

S!C!E!R!

Banned
they are a great all round bike that is a great change from 26". i like it better because i feel a 24" is alot more real to ride, alot more flickable on and manuals a great deal better. they are great for street and dj and anything really. its great because its a bmx but a mountainbike at the same time thats why i think the 25 would be ok aswell. might be a little pointless but people thought that 24's were pointless at the start and now look. thats my opinion anyway..
Yeah look now, people still hate them as much as they did when they first "came out"...

Unless you can actually ride with some skill you look like a poser on 24...

Also who wants to ride a BMX and a MTB at the same time?

So yes 25" is pointless...

pryaz

Likes Dirt
No point. Last thing we need is another wheel size.

you would Need to find the right sized tyres, tubes, rims etc.